MISSING SAFETY TAG FORM ( SEE BELOW )
KACS contracts its bus service with First Student Transportation.
- In the summer, you should receive a bus stop designation form and name tag(s) in the mail. (If for some reason you do not receive them, download the form below.)
- Please complete and return the bus stop designation form by the first day of school.
- If your child is new to KACS, you should also receive a safety tag form in the mail. Please complete the form, place it in a plastic sandwich bag, and pin it to your child. (This is especially important for our kindergarten bus riders.)
- Name tags are to be worn the first week of school, to ensure that the drivers and teachers can identify the correct bus for each student.
- If your child will be walking to and from school, please complete and return the walker authorization form below.
School Bus Schedule
- Click here for bus pickup and drop-off times for 2016–2017. (When determining the stop your child will use, please pick the stop on the schedule closest to your residence.)
- Please have your child(ren) at the bus stop at least ten minutes before the listed time for bus pickup; because of the close scheduling, the bus driver will not be able to wait for late arrivals. Also, due to afternoon rush hour traffic, please allow at least ten more minutes for drop off.
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: A parent, guardian, or responsible authorized person listed with the school must meet all bus riders unless a waiver written on the bus stop designation form is signed and submitted. This form is available below and from the administrative assistant in the school lobby.
Riding the school bus is a privilege for each student. Please make sure to review the rules and regulations with your child(ren). If your child becomes a discipline or safety problem and/or does not follow the following rules and regulations, he/she may lose the privilege to ride the bus. If this privilege is suspended or revoked, the parent(s)/guardian(s) will be responsible for transporting his/her child(ren) to and from school.
- Students must follow the bus driver’s or attendant’s directions the first time.
- Students must keep their hands, feet, and heads inside the bus at all times.
- Fighting, horseplay, or profanity will not be tolerated.
- Littering or damaging the bus in any way will not be tolerated.
- Students are not allowed eat or drink on the bus.
- All students must remain seated for the duration of the bus ride.
- Students must not scream, talk loudly, or push anyone.
- Students must not tease anyone, talk back to the driver, or use rude gestures while on the bus.
- No throwing objects from the bus.
- The aisle must be kept clear of all objects, including book bags, coats, legs, etc.
If you have any questions regarding bus services (including bus routes or arrival times) or concerns about student behavior on the bus, please contact Andrew Byard, Dean of Student Services, at 302.660.4749. Please make sure to be ready with the bus number and bus stop location when calling the school.
Thank you so much for your support as we work to ensure a safe school bus environment for your child(ren).