The School-Based Family Crisis Therapist
"Helping to guide children in learning and in life!"
What is an FCT and How can we help?
Family Crisis Therapists are housed in elementary schools. The FCT carries a caseload of up to 20 families and is an integral part of the school community. Each FCT performs different job functions depending on the schools need. However, they all perform the following:
- Provide Individual, Group, and Family Counseling
- Facilitate Child/Parent Support Groups and Social Skills workgroups for children
- Provide crisis intrevention, conflict resolution, and discipline alternatives.
- Participate on the school's Student Intervention Teams
- Collaborate with the school and any outside agencies.
- Locate resources (as needed)
One of the FCT's main functions is to act as a liason between the school and outside agencies. The FCT is knowledgeable about the entire school populatiion and their staff. FCT's can assist community partners to link with our school community.
How to contact and FCT
The school-based FCT can be reached by calling Kuumba Academy's main number. Although some information may be confidential, the FCT will assist as much as possible.
Kuumba Academy's current FCT is Daryl Connor.