Citizen Budget Oversight Committee
The Delaware General Assembly passed House Substitute No. 1 for House Bill 119 (referred to as House Bill 119) that established both the Citizen Budget Oversight Committees for school districts and charter schools and the guidelines for the creation of and filling of those committees.
Members of the Committee should have no conflict of interest arise by serving on the Committee. Conflicts of Interest are defined in §5805, Title 29, Delaware Code.
Members of the Committee agree to attend training developed by the Department of Education within three (3) months of being appointed.
The attached application must be completed in its entirety and returned to Sally Maldonado, Head of School.
The Committee shall:
- Review purchases and expenditures
- Review Budget Position Report
- Review Line Item Budget Report
- Review Proposed Purchases and Expenditures
- Review existing or proposed plans involving spending