Kuumba Academy will be closed on Thursday February 9th. Due to worsening weather conditions, school will now be closed.
Title I Complaint Procedures
Any public or non-public school parent, teacher, or other interested person or agency may file a complaint.
All complaints must:
- Be in written form to following address:
1200 N. French St
Wilmington, DE 19801
- Be signed by the person or agency representative filing the complaint;
- Specify the requirement of law or regulation being violated and the related issue, problem, and/or concern;
- Contain information/evidence supporting the complaint;
- State the nature of the corrective action desired.
- Kuumba Academy will issue a letter of acknowledgement to the complainant that contains the following information:
- The date Kuumba Academy received the complaint;
- How the complainant may provide additional information;
- A statement of the ways in which Kuumba Academy may investigate the complaint;
- Kuumba Academy’s commitment to issue a resolution to the complaint.
- Carry out an independent onsite investigation of the complaint;
- Review all relevant information and make an independent determination as to whether the District has complied with the federal program(s) in question;
- Issue a complaint investigation report, entitled Letter of Findings, to the complainant that addresses each allegation in the complaint and contains Findings of Fact, Conclusions and Corrective Actions (with a specified timeline) where warranted, as well as the reasons for the District's final decision.
- There will be corrective action to return to compliance.
- Attempts will be made to resolve or negotiate the programmatic concern;
- A complaint investigation report, entitled Letter of Findings, will be issued to the complainant that addresses each allegation in the complaint and contains Findings of Fact, Conclusions and Corrective Actions (with a specified timeline) where warranted, as well as the reasons for the District's final decision.
Complainants not satisfied with the findings/remedy of Kuumba Academy may elect to appeal to the Delaware Department of Education at the following address:
Secretary of Education
Delaware Department of Education
401 Federal Street
Dover, Delaware 19901-3639
Federal Program General Complaint Procedures: English Spanish